Connect with us

News

John Cena Sets Record Straight On WWE Comeback and Length of Stay Amid SAG-AFTRA Strike

Photo: JPI

Immediately following Sunday’s WWE’s record-setting Fastlane premium-live-event on Peacock, a livestream press conference featuring several of the WWE superstars who appeared on the card, fielded questions from reporters including, John Cena.

Given that talks have resumed between SAG-AFTRA and the AMPTP, Cena’s time back in the ring might be coming to a conclusion sooner than later.  With Cena working on multiple movie projects in Hollywood, and one of which had suspended production due to the actors strike, he shared that his first priority has to be to go back to work when the strike ends, which could curtail his current extended return in the WWE, which had been scheduled through November.

Cena told the press that it would be detrimental to all the people in the cast, crew and production if he were to get injured during his in-ring return while he also had commitments as an actor: “I’ve made it clear that you can’t do both because of the liability insurance. If I were to try and juggle both, that’s very selfish because I would put a whole lot of people in the movie business out of work if something were to happen to me.”

Courtesy/WWE

The 16-time champ went on to say that he can remain with the WWE for now, but once things are settled he will have to bow out of his current run: “I stopped a project in the middle of it, I can’t even talk about the project because of the strike, but we’re in the middle of it.  As soon as we get back to work, we go back to work. I don’t control any of that. I’m crossing my fingers and I hope we can find a resolve everyone is happy with. For right now, I feel this is the best way I can help. To come back home to my family.”

Earlier this fall in September, Cena returned to the WWE, but with or without the actors strike, John revealed he has to figure out how many more times he is willing to put his body on the line and perform in pro wrestling.

Cena shared, “This trip back has been to test where I am at, and to gage what the future holds for me. I got some work to do. I got some figuring out to function at the level I am used to, and to be able to perform at a level that is worthy that I am familiar with, and what the audience is familiar with. That’s selfishly what this episode what the WWE is for me.”  The ‘You can’t see me” catchphrase star, went on to say, “I’m 46. I’ve told everybody this ain’t the last one, but the last one is on the horizon.”

Courtesy/WWE

During Fastlane, Cena teamed with LA Knight defeating Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa of The Bloodline in one of the highlight matches of the night.

According to a press release from the WWE, “The premium live event set new Fastlane records for viewership, gate and sponsorship. Viewership for Fastlane was up 71 percent versus the previous record set in 2021. The sold-out show marked the largest gate ever for any Fastlane, up more than 31 percent versus the previous record set in Cleveland in 2016, and became the highest-grossing WWE event ever held in Indianapolis.”

You can check out what John had to say about his return to WWE and how he is testing the waters below.

Now, let us know, have you enjoyed John Cena’s return to the WWE? Will you be sad to see him go once the SAG-AFTRA strike comes to an end? Share your thoughts in the comment section.

General Hospital

Ryan Paevey Makes Statement on Why He is Stepping Back from Acting While Being ‘Grateful to General Hospital for Giving a Green Actor a Chance’ and ‘Hallmark for Changing My Life’

GH and Hallmark fan favorite, Ryan Paevey (ex-Nathan West) wanted to clear the air after numerous reports and rumors had him quitting acting altogether and what that meant for any future projects in Hollywood he may have had planned.

Paevey released an exclusive statement to Heavy.com where he shared what is going on in his life. Back on June 19th, Ryan deactivated his Twitter and Facebook accounts and he may have deactivated his Instagram account on Friday as well, or as of this writing.

For Ryan, the decision to change his current life’s trajectory came after a series of events; chief among them moving closer to home to take care of his ailing mother who is battling lung cancer and social media scammers.

Photo: JPI

Here is what Ryan shared: “Hey everyone…so first and foremost, I am a bit apprehensive that I even have to make a statement like this. I am certainly accustomed to a certain degree of gossip, but the past few weeks in particular have gotten out of control with speculation from third parties that have taken my words and expanded upon them to meet their narrative, or flat out misrepresented my words or misconstrued their meaning. I have always been an open book, and one who speaks his mind truthfully and directly, and it is unfortunate that we live in a world where social media makes it very easy to twist one’s words; I am often unaware it is even happening until someone from my team messages me in a panic, and so I feel it best to make a formal statement through HEAVY.”

Continue Reading

Days Of Our Lives

Days of our Lives New Gabi, Cherie Jimenez, Debut Date Revealed; Shares She First Auditioned for Role 15 Years Ago

In a not-then-but-now real-life story, Days of our Lives incoming Gabi Hernandez, actress Cherie Jimenez took to Instagram on Friday after it was revealed by Deadline, that her first airdate as the recast Gabi is next week on June 27th!

Jimenez has replaced longtime DAYS star, Camila Banus in the role. Previously, Banus made the decision to step away from the part after taking on the role in 2010. Camila was with the series on and off through 2023. To facilitate her exit, Gabi was sent to prison for the murder of Li Shin, only she didn’t commit the crime.

Cherie shared her emotions on finally being able to talk about being the new Gabi Hernandez DiMera. She expressed, “WOW ✨🎬 My heart is filled with immense gratitude over the opportunity of a lifetime. I am GABI HERNANDEZ DIMERA on the iconic DAYS OF OUR LIVES ⏳❤️‍🔥 It has been an absolute dream working on DAYS.”

Photo: JPI

As for her time so far at DAYS, Jimenez added,”These past 7 months I have worked harder than I ever have and now I get to share it with the world. Everyday I walk onto set I am in awe that I’ve been given the opportunity to live my dream. I get to work with the most phenomenal & hardworking cast and crew I’ve ever had the honor to work alongside.”

Photo: JPI

Jimenez, thanked among others the series producer, director and writers for trusting in her including: Janet Drucker, Noel Maxam, Ron Carlivati and Ken Corday, and her agents for helping her along the way in her show business journey.

She concluded with the most ironic twist of all, Cherie recalled, “At 22 years old an audition for the role of Gabi on Days of our Lives came into my life. It was not meant for me then. Now 15 years later at 36 years old the universe told me I was now ready to step into this role…Thank you ✨ …I am just beginning ✨”

So, are you looking forward to the debut of Cherie as the new Gabriella Hernandez DiMera? Comment below.

Continue Reading

News

Eric Braeden Comes to the Defense of His Y&R Co-Stars Over Racist Attack on Social Media

The mighty Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) has spoken! The iconic star of The Young and the Restless has taken to social media in defense of three of his co-stars who were the subjects of yet another case of racist remarks on performers working on daytime television and the soaps.

The offensive remarks were made against Christel Khalil (Lily), Sean Dominic (Nate) and Bryton James (Devon). However, this same poster was also in the middle of the firestorm from previously posted hateful and racist comments directed at another Black actress, General Hospital’s Tabyana Ali (Trina).

As daytime fans know, earlier this week, General Hospital responded to the attacks on Ali with a message on all of their social media accounts that said, “General Hospital does not tolerate hatred or bigotry of any kind. Racism has no place in Port Charles. GH is for everyone.”

Photo: JPI

So, how did Eric get involved in this latest racist attack? Former GH guest star, Yvette Nicole Brown tagged the Genoa City legend to get someone’s attention from The Young and the Restless, and who better than the often outspoken Braeden?

The vile racist comments will not be written and repeated her. That post from May 31st, contained an image of all three Y&R actors, shared by @ghyrbbfan1974 using hateful rhetoric aimed at the stars.

When Braeden saw the truly awful remarks from the poster, he responded back, “These three actors are dear colleagues of mine; they have more class than you LOW LIFE can imagine! We are going to block your racist ass, you got that, bitch??!!”

Eric’s response went viral and “Victor Newman” was even trending on X, as Y&R viewers know that one of Victor’s often used phrases is, “You got that?” Since the time of the racist attack, it appears that the originator of these comments has changed the settings on her own X account to private, so only her followers can see her posts.

So, what do you think about this latest racist attack aimed at three stars from The Young and the Restless, and Eric standing up to the hatred? Comment below.

Continue Reading

Video Du Jour

Peter Reckell returns for a second visit with Michael Fairman following the wrap-up of his recent run as Bo Brady on Days of our Lives.Leave A Comment

Recent Comments

Power Performance

Michael Easton as Finn

General Hospital

Airdates: 5-20/24-2024

Popular