Connect with us

News

4

‘Bachelor’ Creator Mike Fleiss Slapped With Restraining Order After Allegedly Attacking Wife; Demanding She Have An Abortion

Photo: ABC/Getty

In what is now become sadly its own soap opera, the creator of ‘The Bachelor” franchise, Mike Fleiss and his wife, Laura are in the middle of a media frenzy this week after reports surfaced on Wednesday that Laura filed a restraining order against him following an argument and altercation allegedly over Fleiss demanding she have an abortion, as she is presently pregnant with his second child.

As more information came to light Mike had filed for divorce last week earlier after five years of marriage citing irreconcilable differences, according to court documents. It was listed their separation date was on July 7.  In addition, Mike requested joint legal and physical custody of their young son, Benjamin,

Shortly after the divorce filing, Laura who is a former Miss America from Wisconsin (Laura Kaeppeler), winning the crown in 2012, then filed an emergency domestic violence restraining order on Mike. In her claim, she says he physically attacked her and “demanded” she get an abortion. This allegedly went down over the July 4th weekend,  Court documents state that Laura is ten weeks pregnant at this time.

In addition, Laura alleges that Fleiss informed her: ‘If you have an abortion, then we can just go back to the way we were.’”  She went on to say: “Prior to July 4th, Mike threatened me that if I did not have an abortion, he would end the marriage.  This was not the first time he had threatened a divorce during our marriage, but now, he was using this threat as leverage to force me to have an abortion. In addition, on July 4th, Mike made the following statements to me: ‘I am cutting you off financially Monday morning’; ‘You are paying for everything with your money’; ‘Next time I see you, I don’t want to see your stomach’; and ‘You have a choice, you can choose. Have an abortion or go back to Wisconsin, but you are not taking Ben.’”

Photo: JPI

Fleiss defended himself in the documents obtained by The Blast: “I have not hurt, attacked, or attempted to physically harm Laura or our child, Benjamin Fleiss ‘Ben,’ in any way., Laura was the aggressor during the incident and physically attacked me. I tried to get away from her as she was chasing me and hitting me. I have security footage from our home that shows the incident, which the Court can review.”

READ MORE
Stacy Haiduk On DAYS Exit: "Let’s Not Write Kristen DiMera Off Quite Yet! Is Anyone Really Gone in Salem?"

He also added that: “After the incident, Laura was initially remorseful. I was leaving Hawaii for work commitments in Los Angeles. I spent time with Ben at the house in Hawaii prior to leaving for Los Angeles. A few days after the incident, Laura stopped all communication with me. “I don’t know where Ben is and I want custody of him because of Laura’s instability.”

On Thursday, Radar Online released text messages provided by Fleiss to the courts from his estranged wife.

Meanwhile, Warner Brothers, the company behind the “Bachelor” franchise said of the incident and the status of Fleiss with this series: We are aware of these serious allegations, and are looking into them.”

So, do you think Fleiss should be, or will be asked to step away from ‘The Bachelor’ franchise in lieu of this domestic dispute and violence issue? Comment below.

Leave a comment | 4 Comments
Advertisement

4
Leave a Reply

avatar
3 Comment threads
1 Thread replies
4 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
3 Comment authors
Momosu000Satan Recent comment authors
newest oldest
su000
su000

She is the culprit!
According to this;

” Laura was the aggressor during the incident and physically attacked me. I tried to get away from her as she was chasing me and hitting me. I have security footage from our home that shows the incident, which the Court can review.”

He also added that: “After the incident, Laura was initially remorseful.”

She was the aggressor, why?
He Gave a video showing her as the aggressor.
IF the video were Against him he’d have not offered it up..
((a video worth a million words))

a woman can be the aggressor too, ya know..

they were arguing about an abortion that is not an assault nor a crime.

Satan
Satan

You know who should have had an abortion? This fool’s mother. Hell, even if he didn’t abuse his wife & kid, he’s already abused the rest of mortal humanity with his crappy “reality” shows.

su000
su000

Satan ..
BwAA HA!! You have that right..
that Batchelor show is worse than gawdawful..
Male sluts for sale LOL

Momo
Momo

Apparently they had agreed on one child. After this, I don’t know why anyone would want to have his child. It’s very sad. I guess if he didn’t want more children he should have taken precautions.

Breaking News

California Gov. Gavin Newsom Reveals TV & Film Production Restart June 12th; But May Not Include LA County

There was some significant signs that Hollywood and the state of California’s show business production looks to be gearing up for a restart after all TV and film production was halted a few months ago as the coronavirus pandemic hit the state, our country, and the globe.

The reopening for production may not include L.A. County, however, which is the epicenter of the state’s show business production.

According to Deadline: On Friday, Governor Gavin Newsom announced that the state could begin TV and film production as early as June 12th.  While the California Department of Public Health released the following guidelines:  “Music, TV and film production may resume in California, recommended no sooner than June 12, 2020 and subject to approval by county public health officers within the jurisdictions of operations following their review of local epidemiological data including cases per 100,000 population, rate of test positivity, and local preparedness to support a health care surge, vulnerable populations, contact tracing and testing. To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, productions, cast, crew and other industry workers should abide by safety protocols agreed by labor and management, which may be further enhanced by county public health officers. Back office staff and management should adhere to Office Workspace guidelines published by the California Department of Public Health and the California Department of Industrial Relations, to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.”

READ MORE
WATCH: Nancy Lee Grahn's Birthday Celebration Replay With Her Drive-By GH Friends & Co-Stars

For LA County,  on Friday, the same day the guidelines were announced they saw a slight increase in hospitalizations, which could cause delays in getting production started.  “This has been a slight increase over the last three days in the number of people hospitalized,” said Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer, “and we’ll need to make sure that we’re not starting to see a significant increase in the number of people requiring hospitalizations.”

So the question remains: if there is a surge in Los Angeles in COVID-19 cases production could again be delayed getting started back up and running? So what do you think about the June 12th date for the state of California to start TV and film production? Do you hope your favorite soaps get back into production as soon as possible, or do you want to make extra sure that all your favorites will be safe and sound when they tape new episodes?

 

Continue Reading

Guiding Light R.I.P.

Virtual “Bauer Barbecue” Coming Up Featuring Stars of Guiding Light

Now here’s an intriguing way to have the traditional Bauer Barbecue on the legendary Guiding Light! Have the barbecue virtually!

With the times we are all continually facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The 16th annual Daytime Stars and Strikes bowling and gathering event usually held back east in the tri-state area is coming to The Locher Room on You Tube.

The event raises funds and awareness for The Autism Society of America., and will livestream now on Saturday night, June 27th at 6 p. m. EST and you can watch it here.

Currently set to participate are: Grant Aleksander (ex-Phillip), Orlagh Cassidy (ex-Doris), Beth Chamberlin (ex-Beth), Crystal Chappell (ex-Olivia), Frank Dicopoulos (ex-Frank), Maureen Garrett (ex-Holly), Melissa Hayden (ex-Bridget), Morgan Englund (ex-Dylan), Amelia Marshall (ex-Gilly), Robert Newman (ex-Josh), Denise Pence (ex-Katie), Nancy St. Alban (ex-Michelle), Jennifer Roszell (ex-Eleni), Elvera Roussel (ex-Hope), Tina Sloan (ex-Lillian), Paul Anthony Stewart (ex-Danny), Krista Tesreau (ex-Mindy), Gina Tognoni (ex-Dinah), Lawrence Saint-Victor (ex-Remy; Carter, B&B), Jordi Vilasuso (ex-Tony; Rey, Y&R), Yvonna Kopacz Wright (ex-Mel), and Kim Zimmer (ex-Reva).    The event will be hosted by Alan Locher.

To make a donation during the event broadcast click here.

So will you be tuning-in to this former GL tradition now being brought to you virtually? Comment below.

READ MORE
ABC's "The Story of Soaps" Two-Hour Special Shifts Time Slot to 9 p. m. EST/PST
Continue Reading

Breaking News

Hollywood Studios, Producers & Guilds Send Plan To Gov. Newsom and Gov. Cuomo For COVID-19 Production Restart Guidelines

On Monday, the two states with the most television and film production in the United States (California and New York) received a plan from many Hollywood studios, producers and the entertainment and production guilds of a plan and outline to be able to rejigger and restart production of your favorite shows and films.  This includes the soaps: General Hospital, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful and Days of our Lives.

Via Deadline: In an effort to get the industry moving-forward again where jobs were lost or put on hold, and production were completely stalled out-of-the-blue, the guidelines submitted by “The Industry-Wide Labor-Management Safety Committee Task Force (the “Task Force”) is asking for consideration and adoption for the resumption of motion picture, television, and streaming productions in an environment that minimizes the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19,” says a report for Governors Gavin Newsom of California and Andrew Cuomo of New York.

Photo: AP

You can read the details of the report here.  While there has been no word from the Governors and their offices if they have seen the report, bets are that several more steps will be needed before anyone would head and report back to a set yet.

READ MORE
TODAY: As the World Turns Online Reunion # 2 With More Oakdale Favorites

As one would expect, limiting contact, social distancing, regular temperature checks, ways to handle props, and a COVID-19 compliance officer for all productions are part of the proposal.   As well as virtual writers room meetings, avoiding filming on-location as much as possible and filming in front of large audiences.

So, glad to know that this major step has been taken to try to get production back on track in Hollywood and New York? Comment below.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Video du Jour

It’s “Villains Week” on Y&R an that means some Sheila Carter, David Kimball, and Isabella Brana, Check out the promo from CBS Daytime here.  Leave A Comment

The Michael Channel

Recent Comments

Advertisement

Power Performance

Steve Burton as Jason & Maurice Benard as Sonny

General Hospital

Airdate: 5-19/20-2020

Advertisement

Popular