Connect with us

Breaking News

2

‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ Shake-Up; Three Producers Out

Photo: WarnerMedia

On Monday, executive producer Ed Glavin, executive producer and head writer, Kevin Leman, and co-executive producer Jonathan Norman are departing The Ellen DeGeneres Show following allegations of instilling a culture of fear, retaliation and sexual harassment in the work place  that launched an investigation by WarnerMedia.

Top series executive producers Mary Connelly and Andy Lassner will remain with ‘Ellen’.  In addition, along with the exits came the news that the show’s DJ Stephen “tWitch” Boss has been promoted to co-executive producer.  Going forward, the popular daytime talk show will be led by Connelly, Lassner and Derek Westervelt.

News of the behind the scenes changes reportedly came from DeGeneres herself in a virtual meeting with staff members Monday.  According to Deadline, Ellen was ’emotional but emphatic about creating a culture where people feel good, noting that employees need to feel happy in order to make a show that makes people happy.”  Ellen added that she vowed to interact more with her staff, revealing that she was shocked to find out that people on the show had been told to avoid eye contact with her. She encouraged staff members to talk to her.

Apparently, DeGeneres also apologized again to her staff and that she was personal, opening up about being introverted and having good days and bad days, which causes her to sometimes keep to herself in her own space, something she acknowledged could be misconstrued as her not being nice.

“Does that mean I’m perfect? No. I’m not,” DeGeneres reportedly said. “I’m a multi-layered person, and I try to be the best person I can be and try to learn from my mistakes.”

So do you think Ellen DeGeneres and her show can overcome the bad optics from what went down on her show? Share your thoughts via the comment section below.

Leave a comment | 2 Comments
Advertisement

2

avatar
2 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
1 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
DianeMomo Recent comment authors
newest oldest
Momo
Guest
Momo

I also do think Ellen is to blame. It comes from the top.

Diane
Guest
Diane

I’m so sorry that all this has happened with my favourite TV show. I believe the show will be ok with some of the changes that have been . We all love Ellen & look forward to each day to watch the show. She make us feel good Fix what is wrong with the show & march on to a better show. Love you Ellen

Breaking News

Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes OUT at ABC and ‘GMA3’

It’s not ending well for Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes. The former GMA3 co-hosts, who had their affair come to light publicly, have been let go by ABC after a lengthy mediation session on Thursday.

Now, the network has severed all ties with Robach and Holmes and they will receive payouts of their contracts.

According to TMZ: the long mediation session was “extremely contentious,” with ABC reps accusing both Amy and T.J. of various forms of misconduct, which one source characterized as “a witch hunt.”

They go on detail that Amy and T.J were told that they did not handle their romance appropriately by waiting too long to disclose it to ABC executives.

ABC expressed that their “behavior on set” was “uncomfortable” for some ABC staff.

Page Six is also reporting that their source shared from the talks, that unless ABC reaches a satisfactory departure agreement with both Amy and T.J., they would both be looking at filing lawsuits against the network.

In additional accusations, ABC said alcohol had been found in Robach’s dressing room.  However, that was disputed as ABC executives had gifted liquor bottles to Robach and other on-air ABC talent. Robach was also accused of showing up “drunk” to work after attending the College Football National Championship last year.  Amy claims she was just tired.

So, what do you think of Robach and Holmes being given the hook by ABC and being show the front door? Comment below.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Shemar Moore Becomes a Dad for the First Time with Girlfriend Jesiree Dizon as They Welcome Their Baby Girl

Shemar Moore is now a dad! The great news came from the S.W.A.T and former Y&R star Instagram on Wednesday morning.

The 52-year-old actor enthused: “Ya boy is officially a Dad!!! Dreams come true!! The rest of my life is here! ❤️🙏🏽🙌🏽”

In a statement given to PEOPLE on the major arrival, a rep for the actor shared: “Shemar Moore and his partner, Jesiree Dizon, are happy to announce the birth of their baby girl. The family is very happy and healthy.”

Dizon, a fashion model, has two other children, daughter Charli and son Kaiden from previous relationships.

Photo: MooreIG

Back in January, Moore revealed that he is going to be a dad for the first time when he posted footage on an Instagram post from the gender reveal party in the baby’s honor

No word yet on what ‘Baby Girl Moore’s’ first name is yet.  However, Moore had mentioned that ‘Frankie’ was a potential name for the little one during the gender reveal party.

In addition, this Friday on The Jennifer Hudson Show, Moore is a guest, in which a teaser was circulating a few weeks ago featuring Shemar also revealing the big baby news there.  The entire interview will air at the end of the week on the talk show.

Share your congratulations and well-wishes for Shemar and Jesiree and their new bundle of joy via the comment section below.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Alec Baldwin to Face Involuntary Manslaughter Charges in ‘Rust’ Shooting of Halyna Hutchins

Charges were announced today by Santa Fe District Attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies in the shooting on the set of the film, Rust fatally killing director Halyna Hutchins.

Alec Baldwin (ex-The Doctor and Knots Landing) has been charged with involuntary manslaughter along with the film’s armorer,  Hannah Gutierrez Reed.

The D.A. outlined why the deadly on-set shooting could result in criminal charges regardless of whether it was an accident.  In a statement, she shared: “After a thorough review of the evidence and the laws of the state of New Mexico, I have determined that there is sufficient evidence to file criminal charges against Alec Baldwin and other members of the Rust film crew. On my watch, no one is above the law, and everyone deserves justice.

In charges set to be filed by the end of January, Baldwin and Gutierrez-Reed will each be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in Hutchins’ death.

Baldwin’s attorney, Luke Nikas, said this about the charges: “This decision distorts Halyna Hutchins’ tragic death and represents a terrible miscarriage of justice. Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun – or anywhere on the movie set. He relied on the professionals with whom he worked, who assured him the gun did not have live rounds. We will fight these charges, and we will win.”

Andrea Reeb, the special prosecutor for the case said: “If any one of these three people: Alec Baldwin, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, or David Halls (assistant director, Rust) had done their job, Halyna Hutchins would be alive today. It’s that simple.  The evidence clearly shows a pattern of criminal disregard for safety on the ‘Rust’ film set. In New Mexico, there is no room for film sets that don’t take our state’s commitment to gun safety and public safety seriously.”

What do you think about the charges levied on Alec Baldwin? Comment below.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Video du Jour

DAYS Billy Flynn (Chad), Greg Rikaart (Le0) and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) talk with Michael Fairman on the series move to Peacock and their latest storylines.. Leave A Comment
Advertisement

The Michael Channel

Advertisement

Recent Comments

Advertisement

Power Performance

Parry Shen as Brad

General Hospital

Airdate:2-2-2023

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular