Connect with us

Breaking News

10

Federal Judge Rejects Hallmark Channel Owner’s Effort To Dismiss Former ‘Home & Family’ Host, Mark Steines’ Lawsuit

Photo Credit: JPI Studios

It was a good legal day for Mark Steines. The former co-host of Home & Family, who was suddenly dumped from the popular morning series on the Hallmark Channel, scored a victory against his former employer.

According to Deadline: District Court Judge Cormac Carney definitively wrote on Tuesday that ‘Defendants’ motion to dismiss is denied, and ‘Defendants’ motion to strike is denied, and that Crown Media lost every part of the motion they filed back on November 11th to halt Steines’ retaliation and wrongful termination lawsuit.  A copy of the court documents can be found here.

The back-story: this past May, Steines was all of a sudden let-go from the morning show. Later, Steines went public with the behind the scenes intel at Home & Family where he had his pay cut, and was eventually let go for sticking up for women who had been allegedly harassed by now former series EP, Woody Fraser.

Subsequently, Fraser was removed by Crown Media after female executives and staffers took their term claims to attorney Lisa Bloom (who is repping Steines) and Steines complained to the powers-that-be.  It appeared that Steines’ move did not go over well with the company and he was soon after given his walking papers.

“There is no merit to the legal claims Mr. Steines is asserting against Crown Media,” the Hallmark Channel owner said in September in response to their former host’s lawsuit. “Crown Media is also surprised that Lisa Bloom is representing Mr. Steines in this matter since she has a consulting agreement with Crown Media.”

Bloom said,  “We look forward to proving our case at trial, where we are confident we will prevail.”

So, what do you think about what went down to terminate Mark Steines from Home & Family? Share your thoughts via the comment section below.

.

Leave a comment | 10 Comments
Advertisement

10

avatar
10 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
10 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
10 Comment authors
ConfusedKadamsAmaryliskaren lampsonBecky Kolemainen Recent comment authors
newest oldest
Scott (ATWT Fan)
Guest
Scott (ATWT Fan)

This looks shady as all hell on Hallmark’s part. And, no offense, but, being a network that primarily targets women and families, this is disappointing on their behalf. Hope Mark wins big and is able to find a new platform; whenever I’d catch moments of Home & Family, I always loved to see Mark as host!

Charday
Guest
Charday

Sorry to hear about the drama. I did like Mark Steines on Home & Family. Let’s hope for justice, whoever is right in the case.

Patrick
Guest
Patrick

– I – HOPE – Mark Steines WINS his legalese

and takes them for a bank roll ride

Cameron Mathison is no where near .. no where … in the same league as Mark Stein

Cameron 15 minutes has long gone… do your entertainment tonight reporting.. AND stay put

you have an affable enough persona… however that does not equate to good enough acting

nancy dillingham
Guest
nancy dillingham

Wow! Who knew? MeToo has shaken the bushes–ensnared Woody Fraser. Some hypocrisy underfoot when the EP of a show called “Home and Family:?!! Will be interesting to see the outcome of this lawsuit.

blake
Guest
blake

Get ’em Mark Steines! Glad he called out Hallmark Channel, they look really bad now. I hope he wins this lawsuit against them.

Becky Kolemainen
Guest
Becky Kolemainen

Kudos to Mark Steines. That took a lot of courage to stand up to corporate bullies, maybe more than anyone knows. I enjoyed the working relationship Mark had with his previous co-host Christina and Mark was one of the reasons I continued to watch HH&F after Christina was let go. I haven’t watched since. I also have other issues with the programming and stale story lines of the Hallmark movies, but grasp why they are so popular. I wish Mark profound success with this mission. I hope it leaves a …wait for iiit…”mark” on Hallmark.

karen lampson
Guest
karen lampson

I think what they did to him and why was wrong. I also didn’t like what they did to Christina. I enjoyed the show daily. I do not watch the show at all anymore. I hope Mark wins his lawsuit.

Amarylis
Guest
Amarylis

Too bad Mark didnt go to bat for Cristina when she was let go. You reap what you sow.

Kadams
Guest
Kadams

I hope Mark strikes wins his lawsuit

Confused
Guest
Confused

I think it terrible. Look how hallmark treats there staff. This is kind of the same exit they gave lori and The garage sale mystery staff

Breaking News

‘The View’s’ Sunny Hostin & Ana Navarro Test Positive for COVID-19; Asked to Leave Studio Ahead Of V.P. Kamala Harris Interview

This morning on The View, an awkward situation arose, when while on the air, co-hosts, Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro, where asked to leave the panel desk and exit the studio.

All of this happened before a live interview was scheduled to happen with Vice President Kamala Harris.  It was revealed that Hostin and Navarro tested positive for Covid-19, and were ‘breakthrough” cases since they had been previously vaccinated.

Host, Joy Behar delivered the news to the audience at home so they knew what was going on with the bizarre moment playing out on live TV, sharing,  “Ana and Sunny, at the last minute we realized they have tested positive for COVID so they have been taken off of the show.”

Harris, who had planned to join the ladies at the table, instead was going to be interviewed remotely from a different place in the ABC TV studio in New York, while Joy Behar and Sara Haines remained on the set.

As for Kamala Harris, Behar added: “It’s very important we keep her healthy and safe. The Secret Service is doing things to make her feel safe.”

While the delay was announced, Behar and Haines took questions from the in-studio audience.

Watch Behar below explain what was going on.

Then let us know, how do you feel The View handled the situation? Comment below.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Mike Richards Out as EP of ‘Jeopardy!’ and ‘Wheel of Fortune’

What has become of the beloved game show treasure Jeopardy!, since the death of its iconic Alex Trebek, will surely at some point be made into a movie with backstage drama galore and breaking headlines news all along the way.

Now comes an official statement from Sony Pictures Television that they have now let-go of Mike Richards from his duties as executive producer of both Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune.

This comes after Richards controversial choice as the new syndicated host amid allegations, lawsuits and what seemed to be the final straw, The Ringer’s report and findings of insensitive and sexist comments made by Richards on The Randumb Show, a podcast he hosted in 2013 and 2014.

Suzanne Prete, EVP, Business and Strategy, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!, sent out an internal note to the staff on both shows this morning. The content included that Richards would depart his EP roles effective immediately and Embassy Row’s Michael Davies stepping in to do the job on an interim basis.

According to Deadline, the note read as follows:

Dear Team,

I’m writing to let you know that Mike will no longer be serving as EP of Wheel and Jeopardy! effective immediately.  We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at Jeopardy! it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks. That clearly has not happened.  Michael Davies from Embassy Row has agreed to help with production on an interim basis until further notice. Michael and I will work together with all of you in the weeks ahead to ensure that production remains on schedule and we do not miss a beat as we head into the new season.

I know this has been a challenging time for the entire team, and I want to thank you all for your cooperation and professionalism over these last few weeks. As Ravi mentioned last week, I will be more involved in the day-to-day on our shows moving forward and I am looking forward to working closely with all of you.  Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything. 

So, what do you think of all the twists and turns that have now led to Richards ousting as host and his EP duties on two game show? Comment below.

Continue Reading

All My Children

‘Dynasty’ and ‘All My Children’ Co-Stars React to the Death of Michael Nader

UPDATED: Yesterday, Michael Fairman TV broke the news of the passing of Michael Nader (Ex-Dex, Dynasty and Dimitri, All My Children).  As reported, Michael died on Monday morning of an untreatable form of cancer at his home in Northern California with his wife, Jodi, and his beloved dog, Storm by his side.

Since then, several of Nader’s former Dynasty and All My Children co-stars have taken to social media with their reactions and remembrances after having learned that he has no longer with us.

From his leading ladies, Joan Collins and Susan Lucci, to Emma Samms and John James, Eva LaRue, Finola Hughes, Maxwell Caufield, Vincent Irizarry and more, so many are taking a moment to share their grief and outpouring of love for Michael.

Michael Fairman TV will continue to update this post throughout the day as more remembrances are posted.

Here are what several of Nader’s former co-stars and colleagues shared below:

Susan Lucci (Ex-Erica, All My Children):”MICHAEL NADER—so handsome, so talented—so wonderful and beloved as All My Children’s DIMITRI MARICK—and a great love of “Erica Kane”. I am so lucky to have played opposite Michael—playing some of the most romantic scenes ever—dancing in palaces in Budapest, our gorgeous Greek Orthodox wedding, complete with crowns. Michael was a doll to work with and to know.  RIP, Michael💙💙💙🙏🙏🙏”

Joan Collins (Ex-Alexis, Dynasty): “Very sad to hear of the death of my onscreen husband and lover #michaelnader aka #dexdexter – I loved working with him and his character was a wonderful mixture of tough and tender. #alexis was crazy to keep on rejecting him! #rip #ripmichaelnader”

Photo: ABC/Getty

Emma Samms (Ex-Fallon, Dynasty): “Incredibly sad news about Michael Nader. What a blessing it was to have had his participation and support for our Dynasty Reunion fundraiser back in March. Thinking of his wife Jodi and sending condolences to all of his many fans.”

Photo: Amazon

John James (Ex-Jeff, Dynasty): “I’m so sad to hear, that my dear friend Michael Nader passed away. We shared some great laughs together and I will miss miss you buddy. Sending prayers to the family.”

Finola Hughes (Ex-Alex, All My Children): “Oh #michaelnader sweet man. I worked with him so briefly, but he cared about his craft and his fellow actors. Sending much love and condolences to his family ❤️”

Eva LaRue (Ex-Maria, All My Children): “So heartbreaking to hear about the passing of Michael Nader! The sweetest man, with the best stories and the funniest out takes! Thank you for the endless belly laughs around that Wildwind dining table at #AMC ! You will be remembered with so much Love!😢♥️ All my prayers and sympathy to his family🙏🏼♥️ Rest peacefully sweet man♥️”

Photo: Sue Coflin/MaxPhotos

Cady McClain (Ex-Dixie, All My Children): “Michael was always a joy to work with, and one of the funniest human beings I ever met. I feel so blessed to have crossed his path and been able to watch him work his magic. I know he felt the love and appreciation of his colleagues and I’m grateful our discussions were always deep or kind. #RIP #michaelnader Photo by @stevenbergman29 💕 (note his book and bookmark! Only Michael would carry it on the res carpet. 😂)”

Maxwell Caufield (Ex-Miles, Dynasty): “That #MichaelNader in the arena many seasons with both @Joancollinsdbe and #SusanLucci – quel hombre.”

Dondre T. Whitfield (Ex-Terrence, All My Children), who commented on Eva LaRue’s post: “Wow. Haven’t seen him in years. So sad to see the Brother. He was very mice to me during my “Pine Valley” time. RIP Nader.”

Vincent Irizarry (Ex-David, All My Children), who commented on Eva LaRue’s post: “OMG, my heart is breaking!!! Loved dear Michael, working opposite him in both “Pine Valley” and in Jackie Collins’ ‘Lucky Chances’. So so sad to hear of his passing. Yes @evalarue, the sweetest man, and ABSOLUTELY the funniest outtakes…”

Sean Kanan: (Ex-AJ, GH, Deacon, B&B) “I was so sorry to hear that Michael Nader passed away. He and I played father and son in Perry Mason: The Case of the Maligned Mobster. We spent some time together and he was a very authentic person. My sincerest condolences to his family. RIP Michael.”

Share your thoughts and remembrances of these wonderful co-stars with Michael throughout his years on Dynasty and All My Children via the comment section below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Joan Collins (@joancollinsdbe)

\

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Eva LaRue (@evalarue)

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by John James (@johnjames_jj)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Video du Jour

GH’s Kelly Thiebaud (Britt) chats with Michael Fairman about Britt being on the run with Jason, their burgeoning romance, working with Steve Burton and her other co-star and Britt’s diagnosis of Huntington’s Disease. .Leave A Comment

The Michael Channel

Recent Comments

Advertisement

Power Performance

Laura Wright as Carly

General Hospital

Airdates: 9-9/10- 2021

Advertisement

Popular